Regular Meeting A G E N D A
Wednesday, October 10, 2007
- Introduce 2007 Facilitators, Marty and Adrian.
- Emphatically assure attendees that personal information given at the meetings is strictly CONFIDENTIAL and the details of attendees private information would stay with the facilitators for the purposes of contacting them or returning their telephone calls/correspondence related to group and/or personal issues only.
B. REGULAR MEETING PROCEEDINGS
- This month is National Liver Awareness month and in addition to our group roundtable, informal, confidential open forum discussions, information will be available and discussed about liver health topics, presented somewhat informally.
- Following the pre-published 'heads-up' announcement at the last meeting by Dr. Wu of new limited-participant local trials for naive patients and certain non-responders, we will present more information regarding application into these new trials.
- Balloting will be opened and Nominee Forms for the December election to vote for a renewable one year facilitator/coordinator term will also be available.
- CHCgroup thanks those who joined the 1200 participants and thanks those who contributed to the American Liver Foundation Football Walk for Liver Wellness 2007; the
Connecticut chapter reports this FWLW '07 raised of $105,365.66 (as of the 23rd of September, and continues growing), for medical research, education programs, advocacy and grants. Particular appreciation goes out to fundraising members Katherine & Luke, Rick and Ellen in helping out our UConn Health Center Team "Liver-Lifers" raising 256 percent of our goal; your support toward a cure of liver diseases is highly appreciated.
- Discuss the 2008 and the remaining 2007 projected schedule.
- This is one of the last chances to let Marty or Adrian know what topics would interest you in 2008 so speakers may be lined up.